Water is the most important natural resource
Until recently, water reserves on the globe seemed to be unlimited. But with the rapid development of civilization in the second half of the twentieth century it was discovered that these reserves are not inexhaustible.
Rational use of water resources together with elementary savings can be achieved by reducing water consumption for process needs, implementation of new technological processes that do not require water, as well as by reducing fresh water intake from natural sources and polluted water discharge into ponds due to its reuse in production.
An important positive consequence of rational use of water resources is reduction of operational expenditures and of production costs.
Development of closed-loop recirculation, wastewater treatment systems and cooling systems has been one of “M Technology” priorities since the first days of the company existence. “M Technology” is an engineering company of Ukraine focusing on industrial ecology, the use of secondary resources, energy preservation, design of enterprises, production facilities and equipment.
“M Technology” performs complex works on a turnkey basis, which include design of recycling water supply and water purification systems, design, manufacture and supply of equipment, installation supervision, commissioning and development of facilities in operation, field supervision with subsequent service, depending on the customer requirements.
We will help you clean and save water –
the common treasure and asset of humanity!
Design of recycling water supply and water treatment systems
“M Technology” experts have unique experience in development and implementation of recycling water supply and water purification systems, which are successfully operating at the biggest steelmaking plants of Ukraine, CIS countries, as well as at a number of facilities in Nigeria, Algeria, Turkey, India and other states.
Development of technical solutions includes:
а) finding rational water supply schemes and methods of water purification i.e.:
• study of technological process for which recirculation or water purification system is created;
• study of buildup characteristics and physical and chemical composition of water to be treated;
• calculation of water and salt balance of the designed system, predicting water composition and formation of dense salt sedimentations or corrosion.
б) Study of possibilities to apply modern technologies and equipment:
• minimization of back-up water consumption and flushing water discharge, creating completely closed no-discharge water supply systems;
• rational combination of local circulating systems with the common recirculating water system of the enterprise through sludge storage ponds;
• application of new water treatment plants and facilities;
• design and implementation of new methods of stabilization water treatment;
• application of rational and efficient architectural layout solutions.
1. Design of closed (no-discharge) industrial water supply systems, «clean» cycles.
In the design of closed industrial water supply systems the following issues are being solved:
• creation of local closed water supply systems of separate shops and production facilities;
• creation of turnover cycles with contact and no-contact operation concept;
• minimization of recirculation system flushings by using stabilization treatment of circulating water;
• re-use of water from a system with high quality requirements in the systems with lower requirements;
• final purification of polluted waste waters;
• concentration and evaporation or thermal softening of salt-containing effluents which are not suitable for re-use;
• purification and use of surface waste waters;
• implementation of chemical water treatment for preventing carbonate sediments, biofouling and corrosion minimization.
Having extensive experience in design of closed water supply systems,
we are always ready to use it for solving problems at your enterprise.
2. Design of closed recirculation water supply systems, water purification and treatment of individual production facilities.
2.1. Design of recirculation water supply systems for steel-rolling shops.
In the design of water recycling systems special attention is paid to the turnover cycles of steel-rolling shops.
Traditionally, in water supply systems of rolling shops waters from different consumers, using fresh or “conditionally-clean” water, were discharged into a reversible “dirty” water system. It caused a disbalance and a part of the water from the reversible system was discharged into a pond.
New waste water treatment facilities makes it possible to reduce occupied production floor space, and polluted waters are returned into the “conditionally-clean” cycle after final treatment. As a result, a closed water supply system can be created, excluding water discharge into a pond, water consumption decreases considerably.
Wastewater treatment of steel-rolling shops:
To prevent accumulation of suspended fine fractions, a coagulative water treatment is provided.
The suggested scheme of wastewater treatment can be used after modernization of circulating water supply systems of steel-rolling shops.
In the design of circulating water supply systems for steel-rolling shops and cast houses at new objects M TECHNOLOGY selects the best solutions for every particular case. Our company offers completely closed (no-discharge) water supply systems for individual productions types and enterprises on the whole with stabilization water treatment and reagent and reagentless methods in order to prevent sediments and corrosion.
Design of no-discharge double-stage system of waste water treatment for cast houses and steel-rolling shops.
If compared to the previous system, this system needs more space, but ensures higher water quality for more demanding consumers. The following quality criteria are ensured for water, wich is fed to the consumers:
suspended solids – up to 10 mg/dm3;
oils – 1 mg/dm3.
2.2. «Dirty» cycles of gas cleaning plants.
Operation improvement of existing “dirty” circulating systems of oxygen-converter plants, blast furnaces etc.
а) existing scheme;
b) scheme after modernization.
As a result of operation improvement of «dirty» circulating systems of gas cleaning plants the enterprise has reduced water discharge to 7000 m3 /h (168000 m3 /day) and suspended materials emission to 16 t/h (384 t/day).
Design of new plants
Scheme of BF gas cleaning plant circulating system.
This reсirculation system uses modern devices for water clarification – flocculators, which significantly helped reduce the area of the waste treatment facilities. Water consumption in the reverse cycle is 6000m3 / h, while water discharge is 300m3 / h and it is carried out with clarified water, which can be discharged directly into a natural pond without additional treatment facilities.
Design of “dirty” cycles of BOF shop gas cleaning plants and trapped sludge dewatering.
Converter gases contain up to 150 g/nm3 of dust which has to be removed before gas release into the atmosphere or before its pumping into a gasholder. Up to now wet-type gas cleaning has been mainly used in Ukraine and CIS countries. Gas cleaning systems usually use circulating water supply. Circulating systems of the converter gas cleaning plants include purification facilities, cooling towers, pumping stations, sludge dewatering units.
Determination of reasons for carbonate sedimentation. Sediment control methods. Implementation of technologies, reducing or preventing carbonate sediments.
One of the main difficulties while operating gas cleaning plants at BOF shops is formation of carbonate sediments which may appear both in gas purifying units and in sludge and clarified water pipelines, as well as in cooling towers. By now, plenty of methods of carbonate sediments fighting have been developed. Reagent methods are considered to be the most widely-spread ones, in particular, application of phosphonic acids and complexones. However, application of complexones for carbonate sediments prevention refers mostly to treatment of boiler water as well as to heating network or to conditionally pure circulating water systems. In all these cases we talk either about water treatment after preliminary softening and demineralization (boiler water) or about prevention of bicarbonates decomposition (make-up of conditionally clean circulating systems with clean water containing bicarbonate alkalinity). Besides, in all above-mentioned cases the water subject to treatment does not contain suspended solids. But in BOF gas cleaning plants formation of sediments is caused by direct interaction of Ca2+ and CO32-ions, which are present in such high concentrations that the product of activity of these ions is hundreds and even thousands times higher than solubility product of calcium carbonate CaCO3.
To find the reasons for carbonate sediments formation, sediments control, carbonate sediments decrease or prevention our company has developed a range of solutions:
• a detailed technique for determination of trends to carbonate sediments formation and anti-depositing efficiency of various inhibiting agents;
• an experimental computational method for determination of the dose of reagents for anti-depositing water treatment with acid or inhibiting agents;
• inhibiting agent efficiency is recommended to be evaluated by the maximum value of DFI which can be achieved while using a certain inhibiting agent;
• creation of special indicators of scale formation or corrosion (depending on the task), installed directly on pipelines or process units. The design of these devices makes it possible to examine sample without interruption of the main technological process.
• implementation of reagent water treatment technology in «dirty» circulating systems with the aim to reduce carbonate sediments.
3. Modernization and design engineering of new water treatment systems.
Development of water treatment systems for production of demineralized water for any plants, for example: make-up water treatment for closed cooling circuits of continuous-casting machines equipment, feeding of converter gas cooling boilers circuits, evaporation cooling circuits.
Modernization of existing water treatment systems.
In the design of new chemical water treatment systems we consider extensive experience both of local and foreign manufacturers of various water treatment equipment. Our systems have maximum efficiency and minimum volume of effluents.
“M Technology” can perform works both on the turnkey basis and separate stages
(process-related engineering, feasibility study, detailed engineering etc.).
Contact us and we solve any of your problems related to water supply.